Spring Cleaning Cheat Sheet (Printable)

spring cleaning

Did you know that cleaning your house is good for you health? Me either! As a matter of fact, there are times that I’m pretty sure cleaning my house is BAD for my health. Like the times when I am so frustrated by the lack of effort being put forth by other people in the house that I my blood pressure starts to boil….yeah…that can’t be good for my health. :-)

But if you go about it with the right state of mind and a couple of easy techniques, house cleaning can actually be stress-reducing!

folding laundry

One technique is to use cleaning time as meditation time. For example, when I’m doing laundry. It doesn’t take a lot of concentration to fold and hang clothing, so it’s the perfect time to just let my mind go wherever it wants to go. I actually get some of my best ideas folding laundry. :-)

If you don’t like to work in quiet, another option is to turn on some music and get moving. Music helps to take your mind off the task at hand and may even make you work faster.

dancing cleaning

Another stress-reducing technique is to “move your body”, i.e. running the stairs rather than walking. Quick movement releases natural mood-elevating endorphins into your bloodstream, making house-cleaning a lot more enjoyable. :-)

Best of all, the end product of all this cleaning is a clutter-free, clean home, which in and of itself, relieves stress.

organized kitchen

Since SPRING CLEANING seems to be on everyone’s mind lately…I thought I would share this House Cleaning Calendar I spotted at Reader’s Digest the other day. I’m personally not a big believer in SPRING CLEANING…..I mean why tackle everything during one season? Why not spread it evenly throughout the year? So I liked the no-nonsense approach of this list. I hope you will too.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE COPY

house cleaning cheat sheet copy

Share on Facebook59Tweet about this on Twitter13Pin on Pinterest4,161Google+7

Comments

1. Janet T says

Just what I need to bring this mammoth task down to a size I can contemplate!
    Another idea (never tested, but sounds feasible): how about teaming up with 1 or 2 friends and going to each other’s houses to get through the chores? I find that cleaning is a lonely job and I lose momentum, but with companionship it would be sociable and possibly even fun. Everything completed faster and maybe even better, as some people like doing cleaning jobs that others hate, so friends can balance each other out . . . Well, that’s the theory! Any takers?

2. Melissa says

THANK YOU!! I sure wish I’d been keeping up like this, it makes it seem so reasonable!

3. Kathi says

Do you have a formula for cleaning mildew from the tile grout in showers,and keeping it free of mildew? I have tried bleach, clorine (from my pool) and several cleaners and still battle the mildew. HELP!!!!

4. Michele says

Impossible to employ right now, as we move in less than 3 weeks….however, you can bet this will become the “new normal” at our new place!

5. jenw says

Music used to be my go to for cleaning/laundry…but recently I’ve discovered audiobooks! I’ve learned that I don’t hate folding laundry when I’ve got my headphones on and am listening to a book. I even LIKE folding! :) Audiobooks ain’t cheap…but if you find sites to sign up with a membership, they’re affordable. $15 for 55 hours of listening…that’s a lot of laundry/dishes/mopping distraction! :)

6. Angela says

Love all the tips. The audio books are a great idea, don’t forget to use your library for audio books. Thats what I want to use while sewing.

7. Jaci says

Boy this list is so realistic anyone could do it and keep up with it. Thank you Jillee!

8. Sandy Trifiletti says

Very timely as I am going to begin spring cleaning today. Thanks for the sheet. :)
    Sandy

9. khrys1119 says

too funny, this list has making beds and doing dishes, but yet there is no scrubbing of toilets, bathroom counters, mirrors, or kitchen floors here… or dusting It is missing many of the absolutely necessary tasks that take up tons of time every week and make it so hard to fit all of the extra “twice a month” and “every 6 month” things in. Of course if I could just get everyone on board with the “put things away when you’re done with them” the rest would be SO much easier!

1. […] grab yourself a cocktail, and lets get started. First you’ll want to clean the house, Here is a detailed list you can print that may help you out and if you’re into non toxic […]