Friday, July 26, 2013

All-Natural, All-Purpose Healing Salve Blends

healing salve

Hi friends! Thank you for checking in! Today’s post is brought to you by my sister Rebecca at Camp Wander. Her All Purpose Healing Salve has become a mainstay in my purse, not to mention my life! Today she is sharing that same wonderful salve re-imagined in 3 different ways. Take it away Rebecca…………..

Camp Wander’s ORIGINAL All Purpose Healing Salve offers natural healing, softening and antiseptic properties! But Rebecca has formulated¬†3 new blends that put this “workhorse salve” to even more uses, from wound care to wrinkle softening.

One recipe of All Purpose Healing Salve and a selection of essential oils can make {five} 4 oz custom blends by changing the EOs in the basic recipe {click here}. Mix and Match!

healing salve 2

The base of the salve is organic extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil and olive oil. Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer with antibacterial properties. Olive oil has lots of anti-oxidants too, including Hydroxytyrosol and with anti-inflammatory properties.

The Basic Ingredients

One recipe will fill five 4 oz glass jam jars.

healing salve 3

• 1 Cup Organic Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
  • 1 Cup Olive Oil
  • 4 T. Beeswax Pastilles (generous)

Slowly melt the coconut, olive oil and beeswax in a mason jar, in a warm bath, stirring with a knife every few minutes until melted. While waiting for the melt, line up {five} 4 oz jam jars with your EOs nearby.

healing salve 4

Decide which blends you want to create and add the essential oils to each jar before filling.

Now you’re ready to fill each jar with the melted coconut and olive oil stopping a half inch from the rim. Let cool until the salve hardens. Top with a paper towel while cooling. Secure lid tightly after the salve hardens.

healing salve 5

Anti – Aging Blend
____________________________
Frankincense, Lavender and Cypress combined create an effective anti-aging blend that I’ve used and LOVED for quite some time now.

With a blend of Frankincense, Lavender and Cypress your face & body will benefit from their regenerative properties as well as the extra moisturizing properties of coconut and olive oil.
Add 12 drops each to one 4 oz jar.

healing salve 6

L.L.P. Allergy Blend
______________________________

Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint, an all natural anti-histamine! I’m convinced that many chronic issues are a result of an allergic reaction to toxins that we’re all exposed to everyday. The L.L.P. Allergy Blend has proven itself to be a powerful ally for many!

Especially beneficial for allergies that manifest themselves through skin outbreaks or chronic itching. L.L.P. Salve can compliment your daily L.L.P. protocol along with the added attributes of skin softening, soothing and the antibacterial properties of Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint.

Why not add the L.L.P. blend to your salve in addition to your other applications, allowing even more opportunity for the healing effects of the Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint antihistamine protocol. Add 30 drops to one 4 oz jar.

healing salve 7

Aches & Pains Blend
___________________________

Now that Birch EO, the most powerful essential oil for pain relief, is available from Spark Naturals, the ability to make your own powerful Icy Hot – like pain reliever is a reality. PURE Birch essential oil is hard to come by and in high demand for a reason – natural pain relief. Combine Birch for pain, White Fir for inflammation and Frankincense to further enhance the properties of all three EOs, driving them deeper into the affected tissue.

Add 30 drops Birch, 10 drops Frankincense, 10 drops White Fir.

healing salve 8

CW All Purpose Salves are simple to make, versatile and potent! Make your own and keep it in your Wellness Arsenal. Crafted with pure plant essence, super healthy coconut oil and emollient olive oil you can look younger, dress a wound, calm a child, alleviate allergies and SO much more!

(Use coupon code JILLEE for 10% off any Spark Naturals order.)

Never miss a good thing!
Receive a daily dose of Jillee + bonus newsletters.

67 thoughts on “All-Natural, All-Purpose Healing Salve Blends

1. judi nichols

My friend makes it with garlic. Its also know as goot. It does work great. Thank you for sharing your recipe with us. I’m up to try new things.

2. Selene

Is the coconut oil liquid or solid when you measure it, or does it matter?
    Am going to make some of both of these.
    Thank you so much for these.
    Selene

3. Sapphyre

I see the number of drops for the anti aging blend. And the LLP blend, but not for the aches and pains. Can you please tell me so I can make this for my husband ? Thanks :)

4. Barbara

Good Morning Jillee! Thank You so much for your Healing Salve Blends. I really appreciate having a “trusted” site like yours for all the great things you share with us. You have made such a difference in the lives of so many….simply amazing, and I hope you do know how much we appreciate you and are so Thankful. Now a quick question…how many drops of the EO for the Aches and Pain Blend?
    I so look forward to making these salves for myself and a few others. I have a favorite prayer that I say for someone’s health I’d like to share, not mine originally and I don’t remember where I found it..but I love it. Dear Lord, Please look upon (insert name) with your eyes of mercy. May your healing hand rest upon him/her/them, may your life-giving powers flow into every cell of his/her/their body and into the depths of his/her/their soul, cleansing, purifying, restoring him/her/them to wholeness and strength for service in your kingdom. Amen. Again, I don’t know the source of this prayer…but I love it and am happy to share it with everyone.

1. Trixie F

I don’t usually read the comments because, frankly, I don’t have that kinda time; but today I did, and I thank you for sharing your lovely little healing prayer. It’s beautiful. I’m writing it down for future use and reference. God bless you. :)

5. Kayla

I love your page and am always looking for new DIY projects.
    I was born with eczema and my heals are the worst. At the moment I can’t walk on them with out major pain. I have many cracks that are bleeding and would like to know if this will work for my heals or if you have something better that will help heal them.
    Thank you in advance for your help. :)

1. Christina

Kayla.. The other week my heels got horrible! Even a pedicure didn’t do anything. I grabbed my ped-egg and rubbed some of he dead skin off and then rubbed on the original recipe of the salve. I did this before going to bed two nights in a row. My heals are soooo smooth, even 2 weeks later! It’s a miracle! (Please note that mine weren’t cracked yet… But getting there. Perhaps you should just use the salve until they heal a bit?)

6. Joyce

Help! I just placed an order at Spark Naturals and forgot the white fir EO. I can’t get back on the site to add it to the order. I have no way to contact them. Please help me if you can.
    Joyce

7. Valerie

So I must admit my family made fun of me when I made the original salve recipe posted a while back. Happy to report that original batch is almost gone! Husband and daughter both use it a few times a week for heat rash, we have used it for sun burn relief, bug bites and general everyday skin dryness. Definitely will be trying the specialized versions above! Thanks!!!!

I a wondering if I can use castor oil in place of the olive oil.

8. Bella Johnson

Saw this and I am wondering can this be used on a baby for eczema?
    My baby has awful eczema since she was 4 1/2 mths and I have tried just about everything else by now, I just want her to get some relief so she can start getting a good night’s sleep and stop being so aggravated during the days.
    BTW. I keep coming back to this site for all my homemade DIY recipes. Thank you so much.

1. Diana

My youngest granddaughter has severe eczema and we’ve been putting coconut oil and olive oil on her her whole life and it helps. We’ve also found that cows milk and acidic foods trigger her eczema.

9. Ashlee

Thank you so much for this post! I want to try the LLP blend for my mom who has major issues with a rash all over her body that never goes away, do I do ONLY the LLP or do I add it to the original oils for the all purpose salve? Thank you so much for your help! Super excited to try this!

10. CTY

Rebecca– thanks for the post! I think we readers, would mope all day if this site had to skip a post.
    2 questions- Do you stir the EO into the mixture?
    Do you know if the LLP blend can help with allergic reactions that cause sneezing, itchy eyes etc.?

1. Rebecca

Thanks CTY, always a pleasure to hang with Jillee’s peeps :)

To answer your questions…

No need to stir the EOs because they’re dripped in first they’ll get a natural stir when you pour in the oils.

LLP is amazing for allergies! You can take 3 drops in a shot glass of water or in a gel cap 3x daily to quell bothersome allergies like hayfever. It’s also amazing to calm allergic REACTIONS from bug bites, skin products gone wrong etc.

11. Andrea

Can anyone tell me what is the purpose of the paper towel? I’m curious about that! Am I just laying it over the open jar so nothing gets in there??

12. JUdy Ann

JILLEE – - The salve is such a great “homemade” idea! I would like to know what a price breakdown would be to make just one of the choices. I am just curious as to how much money is involved. I don’t know where to buy the beeswax so Icannot price it. Thanks

13. Terri

I work as a medical transcriptionist for a leading US medical center and the doctors in the Endocrinology Department there recommend that their patients not use lavender containing products in households with young children, as there is some evidence that it causes early pubertal changes in young children, and the development of breast tissue in young boys. There is lavender in everything from laundry detergents to shampoo these days, so it might be worthwhile to check the products you use around your house.

14. Marsha - SOCAL

Is this just stored at room temp after it’s made, or does it need to be stored in the fridge? How long does the batch last? Thanks for any help, and for these recipes.

15. Lauren

I love this stuff, this is my second batch of healing salve, I ended up giving away my entire first batch, I love that you add the essential oils to each jar so you can mix it up, I made 3 normal and 3 LLP blend, i have been following you for two momth and dabbling in the world of eo’s. I have given away several roller bottles of the LLP, and healing stick and provided the link to your site, please keep up the wonderful posts!!! My DH remains a skeptic but so many other people are interested in the all natural concept, reducing toxic chemicals from our lives as much as possible, again thank you and keep the information coming!!!

16. Debbie

Hey there! I absolutely can’t wait to try these, especially the pain reliever, since my hubby has chronic back pain. But I was wondering if could use normal Coconut oil since have it on hand already or it has to be extra virgin? Thanks :)

17. Missy

soooo how bad is it that on the LLP blend I added 30 each (I just assumed because the other blends were broken apart ) – will that be horrible or completely null?
    ALSO- I confused myself on this too: Are the blend recipes in addition to the basic recipe – or in place of?? My husband’s exzema is out of control on his fingers. Help?

18. Missy

oh – and another thought: am I the only one that has a problem controlling the drops? It seems to almost pour at times and I can’t count the drops fast enough. (I have SPARK and DoTerra brands).

19. Alie Vermeer

:( I was soooooo going to make the LLP blend as I’m going crazy with itches my nerves are to close to the top layer of my skin :( and now I can’t find my Lavender oil I somehow misplaced it I guess after I made a bottle sleep blend :p

20. Ken Russell

Rebecca;
    Just made a batch of your L L P allergy salve ,l had a quater cup of shea butter so I added that and a few drops of T tree oil .
    It feels real nice on the skin and has quelled the itching !
    Next ,I will use the same ingredients to make a batch of bath bar soap ,try saying that ten times fast !
    Thanks so much !!

21. Robin

First let me say, thank you for all the DIY recipes you post. I love so many of them. I am curious as to what the consistency of the salve should be like as a final product? Mine seems pretty runny. I thought it would be harder than it is. I’m wondering if I didn’t do something quite right or what.
    Thanks.

1. Diana

If you used shaved beeswax, you need to add extra since the pastilles are more dense. Mine turned out the same was the first time so I just melted extra beeswax and then gently reheated the salve and blended them together.

22. Susan

Robin, I have made two batches of the healing salve. In the first batch, I used level tablespoons of beeswax and the end result was pretty “loose”. The second batch I rounded the tablespoons of beeswax and it is much more firm. In warmer climates it will be runnier due to the coconut oil liquefying. In that case, you can put it in the fridge to firm up.

I love this stuff, as do my family and friends with whom I have shared.

23. Jill

Question on the Olive Oil – any kind of EVOO? I have read about most store bought olive oil is rancid. Does this matter? Or should I be spending the money on high grade olive oil? I use coconut oil for all my cooking needs so need to buy some.

24. Terri

Over the last year I have been absolutely horrified about the use of man made chemicals (toxins) in everything from our foods (GMO’s) to things for everyday use. Let’s just say I’ve been enlightened. I am new to the world of EO’s and have been doing a lot of research the past few weeks. I am very excited about your healing salves as this will be my first attempt. What I want to know is if the LLP Allergy Salve will work for Eczema and Psoriasis? Also should the strength of the EO be less if using on a child of 7yrs of age? Can this LLP Allergy Salve be used daily as a preventative measure? Also would like to know if these EO’s could be used in making Natural Soap to be used on a daily basis?

25. Pingback: 21 Brilliant Benefits Of Beeswax | One Good Thing by Jillee

26. Evelyn

Hi there. Do I put the EOs before the salve hardens? This might seem like an obvious answer for some but I’ve never done this. Also, I could probably pick up these EOs at health-food stores, correct?

27. Kathleen

What is the proper way to extract essential oils out of the bottles? Mine have stoppers in them and I’m not sure if I should remove those first to use a dropper.

28. Pingback: 21 Brilliant Use For Beeswax | Patriot Rising

29. Kristin

I have expeller pressed virgin coconut oil & beeswax beads. That is all that was in our 1 & only local natural choices/organic store where we live. Will those work? They would melt down faster I’m sure… Would the outcome be too liquid?

30. Ria Smits

Thank you and your sister so very much for sharing this recepies with the rest of the world.After two weeks using it my husband is almost completley ecema free, there are just a few small spots left. No prescription from the doctor ever had that as a result.His head and face where in terrible shape so he’s very happy with this result.
    I feel like a good wich brewin my salves (-: so a very big thank you hug from the Netherlands, Ria